Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Supers trying to harass me and being difficult on purpose?

Posted by pellenor (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 23, 12 at 18:04

I filed an initial noise complaint before and after no action whatsoever, it was escalated to management. The issue has since been solved.

However, since that time, it seems as if the they have gone out of their way to make my tenancy as difficult as possible when dealing with them.

I was attempting to obtain an additional parking space and had no trouble in the past, they would always provide me with the form immediately. However, this time, I was referred to come back half an hour later. When I came back, they just ignored the door because I could hear movement inside. The final, time I went around 5:15pm and he answered but replied that "this was morning work and that I should come back tomorrow morning (which would be a Saturday)".

Does anybody think this is just coincidence/being lazy on the day or they are actually trying to make my life more difficult?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Supers trying to harass me and being difficult on purpose?

It is impossible to say. Could be the office was having a bad day and other issues were preventing them from giving you the form.

Or it could be that they are childishly taking it out on you for getting them into trouble with Management. No one on the internet can figure this out for you.

What you can do, going forward, is to be very polite in your interactions with the supers. Not super nice, just polite. When they tell you to come back, take out a notebook and jot down the exact time and day they tell you. Then, if they aren't there, you have some evidence to give to Management that they aren't being very cooperative with the tenants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here