Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
priestess_2009

Noisy neighbors from hell

priestess_2009
15 years ago

I live in a basement apt. Never again, as my neighbors upstairs are really noisy.

My landlord friend (thank goodness I have one) says that we can craft a letter to management and get me out of my lease. I am obligated to find a tenant to cover my lease, and the lease expires on October 31st of this year. I am moving b/c of the upstairs turkeys. Management has not resolved the issue, nor has calling the police, nor does tapping the ceiling. I am moving.

She says that due to the fact that there was no COP (certificate of occupancy) when I moved in that I have a good excuse for getting out of the lease as in this state, CT, landlords are required to have one for each apt. I was told that the apt. "did not need to have an inspection".

Does any of this sound plausible? Management does not care about my issue; they just want money. My friend says its total BS that I have to find someone to cover the lease, i.e. it is their job. They also said if I use their realtor I owe the guy $700 (one month's rent).

any thoughts? thanks

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Style Savvy Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Luxurious Interior Designer & Decorator