Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden Apartment

Posted by pouncermom (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 9, 06 at 9:45

We just moved into a garden apartment last weekend (we are having a house built, so this is temporary).
But, we cannot get over how HOT it is in the apartment. We have the heat down to 1 (lowest setting) and it is still 90 degrees in the apartment.
We have windows open and fans going, and it will get down to about 75.
Is this an indication as to what it is going to be like in the summer?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden Apartment

I don't know where you live, but have you tried turning the heat all the way off and maybe turn on for a while when you feel chilled?

Forgive my ignorance, but what's a garden apartment? Does that just mean it's all on one level with nobody above? Other than that, how do you like it? Good luck with the new home you're building, by the way.

o

A garden apartment is kinda like living in the basement of an apartment complex. The windows are higher up (closer to the ceiling instead of between the floor and the ceiling).

We got the heat fixed. Had to call maintenance a couple of times and finally figured that someone had cranked the boiler up to 200 degrees (which is supposed to be the max).
Much better now.

House progress is coming along, so we are looking forward to that!

o

Ah, so that's what a garden apartment is. Thanks. Glad you got the heat fixed. No wonder you were so hot!

o

My dorm room in college was incredibly hot. Even in upstate New York, we had to open the windows at night to sleep! I think it spoiled my body for the rest of my life. Now I'm always cold in my house, even with the thermostat at 75 and lots of blankets on my bed!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here