Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Laundry access

Posted by gilgam3sh (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 23, 06 at 21:34

I share a house(not an apartment but bear with me) with two other people and a landlord in a seperate unit on the same premisis. The laundry machine and dryer are in the garage and access to it has been unrestricted up until recently when the landlord began limitng access. The lease does imply restricted access to the laundry, but it's completely arbitrary when its open now; no rhyme or reason. Is the landlord required to have certain hours where it will be open, because this isn't working as it is. Any help you can offer would be great, thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Laundry access

If it is not in black and white in your lease, your landlord can pretty much set the rules, as he is the owner. I manage two apartment complexes with a total of 112 apts, and I have found that the best thing a tenant can do is go to the landlord and try to work through the situation. If you don't do it now, you will just get angrier over the unfairness of the situation which will not help anything. See if your landlord would be willing to do an addendum to the lease to set hours that are agreeable to you both, and you both will need to sign. This way the hours will not be able to be changed at the whim of your landlord. If not, you may just have a landlord on a power trip. Wait out your lease, go to the local laundromat in the mean time, then give your notice of intent to vacate. Next time read your lease carefully and make sure all bases are covered before you sign. Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here