Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
natcherylawakening

neighbor above moving furniture on wood floors

natcherylawakening
18 years ago

I just rented this cute space under a house (in January). The woman above likes to move her furniture often. She is also a costume designer who rolls racks around the floor. Everything transmits to me underneath, because of her wood floors above. When I first realized the problem, I asked if she'd put rugs down. This was ignored. She told me I was just sensitive to noise. I had complained after a week of 6am commencings of the rolling and banging. Soon she told me she did not even own the place. She is a years-long renter, and "never met" the owners, who live in Europe. I read the thread about "deliberate stomping". She also has a housekeeper who comes every Saturday morning, and moves and drags and drops furniture down. It is basically the sound of someone moving in above, every week. It is torture.

Please, can someone offer any suggestions? Do you know a way I can find the landlord? Maybe he/she can ask/make her put rugs down..I moved in led to believe she owned the place. She only told me she didn't when I needed the toilet repaired. It was never repaired.

I don't have the energy or money to move again, but should I, before I settle in, if I ever can? (Maybe I can sue to get my money back, since I was led to believe she owned.) Or should I repair and deduct when repairs are necessary?

Also, if anyone knows of a way I can deaden the sound in my place, please tell me.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz