Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elche_gw

Storage Fees Went up

elche
17 years ago

Hello folks this is my first time posting here so any thoughts or ideas regarding my situation is welcome. I moved into this apart place over a month ago. One of the appealing things was the $25.00 storage facility. I have been paying $70 per month for a 5X9 or something like that at this commercial space. Dimension wise is similar to the one rented to tenants at my new place.

As soon as I moved in told the manager that I was interested in renting one of the spaces but that I was going to do it at the end of my first month since I already paid renting at the other commercial rental place and she said it was fine.

Now I reminded her of that and her replied was, "Oh now is going to cost you $50 per month. The supervisor raised it." I reminded her that I mentioned my desired for renting a space at my apart building more than once and she never mentioned that until now. Then she kept saying that I didnt sign any contract and it was all orally. "You should had taken it and sign the contract when I told you $25 then" is all she kept saying. Then she said that she will talk to the supervisor and see what he says.

I dont know what to do for my own manager and her daughter told me that it was $25 as soon as I moved here a month ago and now these folks decided to raised it 100%. Sounds pretty unfair to me. What are my recourses here?

Thanks

El Che

Comment (1)

Sponsored