Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jen5276

Detached house - finally some quiet?

jen5276
18 years ago

Hey everyone,

I am going to look at a house for rent in a few days, that is a detached house (more of like a cottage, 2 bedrooms, but has a backyard and basement). I doing this due to the noise situation I seem to experience in every apartment I rent. I am currently living in a 2nd floor walk-up apartment. I just moved there about 5 months ago, thinking this would be the right place for me since I am on the second floor and wouldnÂt have to listen to the constant noise above me (running, jumping of children, furniture being dragged across the floor, etc. I am sure plenty of you understand this!) Anyway, now I am having a problem with my downstairs neighbors and their surround sound. They love to blast their television and radio to the point where it really disturbs me. I have asked them once to turn it down, and they did, but they go right back to blasting it the next day. Last week, I left them a note on the door explaining how the sound of the bass really travels, and how I could hear it. One night, one of them was playing a video game and I thought it was thunder outside!! I asked if they could simply turn down the bass, or possibly put the speakers on foam pad to eliminate the sound travel.

Anyway, I didnÂt get any response regarding my note, so I assume they just chose to ignore it. This past Saturday, once again, I heard their noise and I am sick and tired of it. Why are people so inconsiderate? I know that if I was disturbing someone, I would want to work out a solution. As a matter of fact, when I first moved in to this apartment, I asked them if they heard my treadmill, (they told me no, they never hear it) and told them that if they ever could or there was ever a problem with noise being that I am above them, to let me know. They seemed nice at the time, but now I am changing my mind about that. The worst part is that the landlord is a real passive type and lives off the premises, so I doubt calling her would do me any good. She told me last time I mentioned it that we both live in the house and have to work it out.. (BIG HELP!)

So now I am looking to rent a detached house, hopefully I will finally get the quiet that I am looking for!!! Anyone have any experience with this? Since I am not attached to anyone, there is no problem with noise in that senseÂÂ Keep your fingers crossed for me and thanks for listening!

Comments (3)

Sponsored