Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wall Air Conditioners - can they be hidden?

Posted by luvs2decorate (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 14, 06 at 9:37

Hello
I am a new (2 weeks and 3 days) apartment dweller. I moved from a house into a corner unit with 2 bedrooms and quite a bit of room with my little girl, thanks to my husband deciding to walk out on us leaving me with a home I couldn't afford financially!
We are getting settled in pretty well, but I really don't like the wall A/C unit that is in between the dining area and living room - does anyone know of anything or anyway this can be covered up when it's not in use? It's such an eyesore... I am hoping some of the more seasoned apartment dwellers would have a wonderful solution to this problem!
Also, any tips on putting color on the walls other than with paint? Or just apartment living tips in general? I would love some input since this is a new environment for me! Thank you very much in advance - and happy Valentines Day!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wall Air Conditioners - can they be hidden?

I am also in an apartment instead of a house for a similar reason. To make mine look more like a house, I put curtains up over the miniblinds that come to the floor. I just bought some earth tone sheets and hund them on black iron look rods with black metal clips. I also use almost floor to ceiling bookcases. I like the craftsmans look of an older house with modern touches so I try to duplicate that in an apartment. I like natural paint colors on walls and white trim and doors. For color throughout, add red , purple, mustard, etc. in things like throw pillows, candles, throws, pictures.. I also use iron wall sconces that hold candles. About the AC. I have one tooo. I have a deep red roman shade over mine, but almost floor to ceiling cutains would might work. Make it look like you have another window. Make sure you match it to other windows in the room.

o
RE: Wall Air Conditioners - can they be hidden?

I had a friend build a four sided box that slipped over the unit and attached shutters to cover the front.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here