Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fedupingallup

My nephew and I share a common wall and I'm going nuts

fedupingallup
19 years ago

My nephew and I share a common wall...on his 19th birthday he received a home entertainment system...every single day since then I have heard the wall go boom boom boom. I'm not sure how much more of this I can take but it's annoying, especially in the morning. I put up with it for more than a month now...I have been calling him everyday and asking him to turn it down...last week I even went to his door and asked him to turn it down, he just said ok and slammed the door...when I went back to my place the music was louder. When he receives notices that his apartment is going to be entered for inspections I run over there when I find out at the last minute and I clean his place all night long, I even fix his computer when I'm through cleaning. This takes me a good 6 to 7 hours...I do it because I care and I don't want him getting into trouble. This last time I cleaned I mentioned to him this would be the last time and he had to do it himself next time. I feel like I'm the parent and since my sister married she has put my nephew on the back burner. Lately I have distanced myself from my nephew becuase of the hoodlums he has over at his apartment and basically when I let my sister know she explodes and tells me off or she sends her husband to do her job. I feel like I did my nephew a favor by letting the land lady know (if it wasn't me telling her, eventually it would have been someone else) My newphew feels since my sisters husband is a sherrif he thinks he doesn't have to go by the rules, and my sister has turned a blind eye and a deaf ear to the things her son is up to. So where does that leave me. I sure don't want to get pinned for what goes on over there so I choose to distance myself for the time being. The rest of my siblings and my mom think I'm in the right...What do u folks think...oh yeah the land lady sent him a notice of non compliance and all hell broke loose after that...when my nephew found out he was pounding on the walls and slamming the front door for 15 minutes. I also think my sisters husband got so pissed off about the notice because he doesn't want my nephew living with them. My sister doesn't communicate with my siblings or my mom. My sister and her husband basically pawned him off to me and made him my problem, So I'm managing the best way I can. I'm even thinking of investing in some ear plugs...I guess you can say I miss the peace and quiet. Hopefully in time things will get better.... Fed up in Gallup

Comments (4)

Sponsored