Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My African Violet

Posted by hanamilani (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 26, 13 at 1:49

Hi,

I have an african violet which has more than ten flowers on it. But the old leaves are getting grey and loose.

I have put it in front of a window with the sun shinning through the south. The light is good through an opaque curtain and I water it every 3 days about a spoonful.

Please help me solve this problem.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My African Violet

I think you'd get answers if you posted this over on the AV forum
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/afrviolet/
Hope that helps...

o

I cut off the older leaves.

o

Odd that this keeps appearing on a google search :(

o

Although the post is in the wrong place, I think I can help you. Too much water. Gently remove the plant from the pot, brush away most of the old soil and replant with clean soil especially designed for African Violets. And personally, I prefer to bottom feed and water my babies via wicks. That way they take up exactly what they need. Also, sounds like you have a great lighting area; just remember to turn your plants 1/4 turn every few days. I simply love African Violets and consider them to be almost foolproof to grow. I would have them everywhere except one of my cats considers them to be the perfect snack food! Good luck.

o

Hi Kaye,
Check out the African Violet forum , lots of AV friends there , joanne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here