Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Elephants, I tell you!

Posted by shes_awake (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 18, 06 at 23:20

ARRRGHHHH!!!!! It's 10:20pm and the elephants that live above me are loose.

Now I know why my ex-husband picked a cement heavy apartment building. I now live in a "frame" apartment building. Gorgeous apartments, tall ceilings, fireplace - but this noise from upstairs. I'll NEVER get used to it.

Oh happy day when I can get my own place - *sigh*

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Elephants, I tell you!

I'm with ya She Awake. I too after 25 years of being in my own home have no choice but to live in an apartment, at least for the time being. It's not fun! Especially when those inconsiderate elephants decide to get friskier....with each other. Certainly not music to my ears. Come on lottery!

o
RE: Elephants, I tell you!

What's more fun than elephants? Elephants in high heels of course!!!

She and her high pitched little friends kept me up until 5AM this morning!!!! And then woke me up again at 9:30! I'm sure glad someone doesn't need their beauty sleep....It's the pacing around her room and slamming drawers shut that gets me so worked up. What on earth could you possibly need to do in a 12x12 room that would require you to pace for 4 1/2 hours straight?!

Resident manager left a note this morning apologizing for missing my call at 2:30am. Supposedly we'll hear back tomorrow as to what they're going to do. We've had problems since she moved in (although amazingly enough none at all the first week when her mom was staying with her) and I've suggested either putting carpet in her bedroom or letting us switch apartments both of which were not an option to the management. I'm about ready to get a tennis ball and start bouncing it off the ceiling every time she's being loud. Oh, and I have such sweet dreams too of doing "other" things too but I've held out for being a good girl thus far!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here