Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tjammer14

Horrible neighbors living above!

tjammer14
18 years ago

I have the worst neighbors living above me! And to make matters worse, they are my landlords nephews. I am not sure how to go about dealing with it because of the fact that they are related to my landlord. I have called my landlord on two seperate occasions asking him to tell them to keep it down (music blasting to the point that my walls are shaking, fighting and screaming, loud radio alarm going off for hours!) He says he will tell them to turn it down or to stop right away, a lot of the time it keeps going. Every single day from roughly 3-5 the guy and his girlfriend fight and i'm not talking small fights, screaming, yelling, hearing her LOUD pitch scream saying "STOP YOU ARE HURTING ME!" I am almost tempted to call the police because it is getting out of hand. Then almost every night at 10:30 his radio alarm clock goes off and is soooo loud that I can hear everything they are saying and know that he has it set to Fox News Radio! He must have some night job because he is never home when this happens and returns home anywhere between 12:30-1am to turn it off. I am in grad school and can't afford to loose sleep and/or be distracted by these noises whenever I am trying to study. I bang on the ceiling quite a bit to let them know I can hear them and to stop, but that doesnt' seem to work.

Any suggestions on how I can handle this since my landlord is related to them? I don't want to say, look your nephew is fighting with his girlfriend and it sounds like he is almost abusing her. I also fear getting the cops involved becasue I live in a smaller building so it would be obvious who called. Can you make a noise complaint with the cops? And if so, what is done?

Thanks!

Comment (1)

Sponsored