Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
socaldisneydude

Parking in the 'no parking' zone

socaldisneydude
17 years ago

At my complex there are several walkways that lead from the parking area to the apartment units. At each one of these walkway entrances is a curb. The curb is painted red as well as the ground and it is also stated in several easy to see locations "No Parking". This is an obvious firelane designated for emergency vehicles just like any other public street.

As expected some residents do park their vehicles here when loading or unloading groceries and other items too heavy to carry all the way from the parking area. I'm guilty of doing this also. Most of us will park the car there, unload the stuff, then park the car in the designated parking area. However, some of us will park the car there and leave it parked for hours at a time. An example of this was yesterday. I got up early and took my pets to the vet. This was around 730 AM. I came home about 10 AM and saw the same vehicle was still parked in the firelane. Left for work at noon and the vehicle was still there. Came home for lunch at 4, still there. Came home from work at 9 that night and the vehicle was still there. At that point it was fairly obvious that this person was visiting someone in the complex and didn't want to park in the designated visitor parking. I was tempted to call the police and have it towed or at least ticketed but I felt it wasn't my place to report this. Who should handle violations like this? Should I have called the office and let them know? Should I have called the police?

Comments (4)

Sponsored