Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rivkadr

Getting fed up - need to vent

rivkadr
19 years ago

Just need to vent for a moment -- we pay a lot for our two bedroom apartment, and we had been generally happy for the past year and a half while living here. But lately, there's been some real problems:

- the hot water keeps going out. Sometimes just for 20 minutes, sometimes for the whole day. It really, really sucks to get up in the morning and want to get ready for work, and there's no hot water for a shower. The hot water's probably been out a few days every week for the past three weeks. Management has no explanation.

- our dishwasher had some issues last week, and poured water all over the floor. Maintenance had no explanation, although thankfully it hasn't happened again since.

- since last night, the guest bathroom toilet and bathtub keep overflowing all over the floor. One minute it will be fine; the next overflowing -- even when it's not being flushed. There's a smell of raw sewage in the outside hallway beyond our apartment...suggests to me that something is majorly wrong with their pipes. The apartment doesn't have maintenance on the weekends, so we're basically stuck with cleaning up water in the bathroom every few hours when it decides to randomly overflow.

I expect things to go wrong in an apartment, but when you pay nearly $2000 a month in rent, you expect them to get fixed fast. There's not really any point to this entry except to vent for a few minutes. Yes, we're moving in a few months. In the meantime, I guess I'd better get used to cleaning up sewer water occasionally.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus