Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Share your small kitchen pictures and thoughts

Posted by makingthishome_katie (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 9, 09 at 13:51

Do you have pictures or thoughts about living in small spaces that youd like to share? I have a blog called www.makingthishome.com where I talk about small living, green thoughts, and being creative at home. Ive seen so many beautiful thoughts on here that I thought Id ask. Want to share your space?

Im an American living in a 480 square foot apartment in Germany. The kitchen is 36 square feet, which I love. I just featured a tour of a 20 square foot kitchen by a reader. Even if you dont want to share a bit of your space, I'd love to know your thoughts on living small.
Katie

Here is a link that might be useful: most recent small space tour

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Share your small kitchen pictures and thoughts

Hi Katie, Sounds interesting! I'll definitely follow you on your blog... my husband and I live in a small condo in Washington, DC, and the original builders clearly thought the kitchen was the place to economize space. We are debating whether to renovate now - a biggish decision since the kitchen would be open to the rest of our place and so require quite a bit to make it seamless and the modern kitchen we want it to be. See you on your blog!
Rebecca
http://thepunchlist.wordpress.com

Here is a link that might be useful: 17th and Riggs Contemporary Furniture

o

Rebecca: I have a condo in Dupont Circle and renovated my 56 sf kitchen this past summer. If you are looking for 24" appliances (fridge, stove), check out the Fagor fridge and the Bertazzoni oven. They are modern and great in size and function.

o

"If you are looking for 24" appliances (fridge, stove), check out the Fagor fridge and the Bertazzoni oven. They are modern and great in size and function."

Anyone have any suggestions about where to shop for a mini washer/dryer combo?

o

dreamgarden, read up on dryer/washer combos (by that I mean one machine that both washes and dries). I considered one for a while, but in researching found that it often takes 6 hours to run one load.

My daughter has a friend in London who had one in her apartment. She got so exasperated with the length of time it took to do a complete wash/dry cycle, that she only uses the washing function. She uses a drying rack for to dry.

o

bbstx-"dreamgarden, read up on dryer/washer combos (by that I mean one machine that both washes and dries). I considered one for a while, but in researching found that it often takes 6 hours to run one load."

Thanks for the tip. Laundry takes long enough without waiting 6 hours for clothes to dry. Here's a link for a nice size drying rack for those who are interested...

A link that might be useful:

www.lehmans.com/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here