Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Apartment Maintenance request

Posted by Cray_1 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 16, 13 at 11:03

Hi there. So this is strange and I would like some opinions. My complex has a online site for things like information and to pay rent and is used for multiple properties all over the country. There is also a place to submit maintenance requests, however, they specifically asked us not to use it for they prefer to see us face to face. Correct me if I'm worng but I believe this is a way to keep maintenance records out of the central office and by doing so they are Probably committing some sort of fraud.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Apartment Maintenance request

Not necessarily. They may find the on-line system to be clunky and inefficient. Or they may get a lot of fake requests on-line and waste a lot of time following up on them. Making you come to the office would cut down on that.

And, yes, maybe there is some fraud going on, although I can't figure out what it might be. As long as your repairs are made promptly, does it matter?

o
RE: Apartment Maintenance request

I'd be more inclined to think that after a couple of drinks the online system would generate all kinds of complaints, ones that person-to-person wouldn't generate. That or local management would prefer that national management thinks that all the tenants are happy.

I doubt there's anything fraudulent going on. More importantly, if you problem is fixed, who cares?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here