Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gas cooktop, $1500 budget: dcs, dacor, ge cafe, or ?

Posted by she_007 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 2, 13 at 23:58

I've been reading the forums, which have been fantastic, but I still need some help. We are building a house and have budgeted about $1500 for a gas cooktop. We have been looking at DCS, Dacor and GE Cafe. Either of these would probably be better than any cooktop I've used. I enjoy cooking, and look forward to experiencing it on a nice cooktop. We are having a very hard time choosing.

People seem to like the DCS better than the Dacor - however, I wouldn't be doing lots of low simmer and would like some power for wok and other Asian cooking. Is DCS still the better choice? How hard is it to clean? The ease of cleaning of the Dacor is appealing, but I don't want to make the choice based on that.

Also, should we consider the GE Cafe? Anything else in this price range?

Thanks so much for your help!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gas cooktop, $1500 budget: dcs, dacor, ge cafe, or ?

Are you looking at 30" or 36" cooktops ?

o
RE: gas cooktop, $1500 budget: dcs, dacor, ge cafe, or ?

Oops I forgot to mention. 36 inches.
Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here