Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Ge microwave and gas oven in house just bought replacing it .

Posted by sarina (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 3, 13 at 22:52

Hi I am replacing this set up with the dual fuel GE Cafe and I was going to get a Kobe hood but then changed my mind to a vent a hood as it is what I had before for 8 years and while it was hard to clean I felt it did awesome job. So the setup up in here now I do not get . The gas range is a regular gas range but it does say it has one high output burner . How high I do not know I can not find the directions. So when I have cooked with it it is so frustrating. When doing a stir fry it really spreads the grease all around . It goes up all over microwave front and the vents on top of that and up to the above the microwave cabinet. I have never used or had an over the microwave unit. Is this typical of this type of setup. I put the fan on the high setting. Tonight I did sauteed chicken with some cranberries and balsamic vinegar . It was a mess all over the microwave door again and up to the cabinets. I hate it :( So anyone out there is this typical or do I just have a bum unit in here ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Ge microwave and gas oven in house just bought replacing

If it's a new range the specs can be found online at geappliances.com or a retailer site like ajmadison.com.

OTR microwaves typically have low airflow, zero capture area, and only really cover the back burner. Yes, they're all not very good, that I know of. By design. Worse if it's set up as recirc rather than vented. Get a real hood.

o
RE: New Ge microwave and gas oven in house just bought replacing

Oh I am getting a real hood . I just wondered about these units and maybe I was using it wrong or something. The big burners to go with microwaves should be then made with burner that is more powerful in back . That is what I would think they should or would do but alas it is not so . I can not wait to get my Vent A Hood in here and my new GE Dual fuel !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here