Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
48" Capital Culinarian Owners (Grill Question)

Posted by Rbaker (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 9, 12 at 22:49

I'm close to ordering a 48" CC with 8 Burners. I don't want the griddle because I can simply put a griddle plate across 2 burners, and I wasn't going to order the grill because the majority of Viking and Wolf owners I know don't use it because of the smoke. I'm planing on using a Braun Elite 1200 CFM hood custom installed in a cabinet above the stove. It will be direct vented with no ducting at 90 degrees. Am I making a mistake by not ordering the Grill? Do you use yours? Does it smoke up your house?

Thanks for any help...

Ryan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 48" Capital Culinarian Owners (Grill Question)

As long as you have adequate make-up air (MUA) to go along with the 1200 CFM, you should have no issues. I have 1500 CFM with a passive MUA. 1200 should be more than enough. I have a friend who put in a Viking and a 1200 CFM and it smoked. After talking to him, it turns out that he didn't factor in MUA at all. I advised him to open his windows BEFORE grilling, while the grill was warming up. That made it much better, to the point where he could use the grill again.

I have a 48" CC with the 12" grill and I use it all the time, at least weekly. I even use it in the summer instead of my Weber outside. The CC's grill is a much better grill and I prefer cooking on it. If you do get the grill, your only regret might be that you didn't get the 24" grill. I only got the 12" and I wonder about that sometimes.

This post was edited by jscout on Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 7:23

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here