Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which hood is quieter?

Posted by YuliaO (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 10, 13 at 22:46

If i was comparing Vent-a-Hood with their magic lung (who in their right mind names a hood THAT??) and Best with external blower�Which one would be quieter?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which hood is quieter?

Any remote blower is going to be quieter, just due to the fact that it is not right there in the kitchen with you.
I have a 1000 cfm remote, and I'm sure if that motor was 36" above my range, I could not hear myself cook ;)

o

is it loud even considering it is outside? if we put it outside it's going to be on the outside wall of the kitchen, so not too far away…

Are blue star and wolf hoods any different from best?

o

Well, my husband said he is not ready to pay extra for the external motor (and for the installation) :(((

so, out of all "pro" internal motor hoods…are there any that are quieter then all others?

o

It does not matter where the motor is mounted. The noise you hear is the sound of air moving. If you have a quite hood there is no air moving and if there is no air moving the hood is not properly removing the grease from the air. Your husband is correct in not wanting to pay the extra money for the external motor they are usually more expensive but more important when they break down you have to crawl up on the roof or stand on a ladder to fix them. If you live in a colder climate they have a tendency freeze up when it gets real cold. When you use the hood the moist air can freeze up the motor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here