Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
edibleto

30" fridge + freezer-only columns or undercounter freezer drawers

EdibleTO
10 years ago

We're starting a complete kitchen reno at our 1840s farmhouse soon (doing away with the crappy '70s reno that previous owners did) and I'm trying to figure out which way to go with appliances.

I've decided on the Miele Futura Dimension dishwasher, will likely go with the La Cornue CornuFe Albertine dual-fuel range, and now I'm making myself crazy with refrigeration. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not a fan of integrated cabinetry but, at the same time, don't want a hulking 48" stainless steel side-by-side fridge dominating a wall that is going to be retaining an original pine cupboard. So I'm considering a 30-inch fridge-only unit and either an 18-inch freezer-only column or under-counter freezer drawers. (I don't use much frozen food and we do have an upright freezer in our basement, mostly for the raw food we feed our pets, so will be able to manage well with very little freezer space in the kitchen.)

For the 30-inch fridge-only and 18-inch freezer column, I'm considering Miele and Thermador Freedom. I'd put these on the same wall, but separated by cabinetry.

I'm also considering a 30-inch Miele, Thermador, or Sub-Zero fridge-only and getting either Sub-Zero 27-inch or 24-inch double-freezer drawers (these are new for early 2014) or Perlick 24-inch double-freezer drawers.

If anyone out there owns any of these appliances and/or can comment on which brand/configuration might be superior, I'd love to hear any and all opinions. Thanks! And please feel free to comment on my dishwasher and range choices, as well.

This post was edited by EdibleTO on Mon, Dec 30, 13 at 22:26

Comment (1)