Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
omega73

Miele Fridge

omega73
10 years ago

I'm looking at the 24 inch counter depth KFN14x Series, https://www.miele.ca/miele/canada/refrigeration/fridge_euro_combo_KFN14x.asp. There's currently a promo running, $400 off and 5 year warranty.

We're moving into an older place where the kitchen won't be as big hence why we're looking at a counter depth fridge. There are not too many counter depth models on the market and we figure we'd spoil ourselves to something at the higher end of the spectrum.

Any reviews out there from GW users, I can't seem to find much.

Thanks.

Comments (8)

• bend_or
    10 years ago

I thought there were 10-year extended warranties available for all Miele products in Canada, based on a web page I saw today. I was shocked!

In US market, it appears that 5 years is all the extended warranty Miele will provide to a US customer... for the same effing product! That's outrageous, really.

I'd go for the 10-year and don't look back.

Sub-zero also has a new column line worth looking at...

Here is a link that might be useful: sub-zero Integrated Refrigeration

This post was edited by bend-or on Thu, Jan 2, 14 at 7:00

• sloring
    10 years ago

I have a Miele all fridge unit. It was ridiculously expensive, but it is very high quality. I have had it for 3 years. I chose this model because I did not have space for a fridge wider than 30 inches and because I fell in love with the large drawers for produce. I also did not need a freezer because I do not eat much frozen food.

We eat a lot of fresh produce, and I am able to keep fruits and veggies for significantly longer in this fridge vs others I have owned in the past.

In retrospect, I wish I had a small freezer for ice and will probably add a freezer drawer to my kitchen at some point. If I were to do it all over I don't know that I would spend that amount of money again as there are several more narrow models on the market today.

You WILL be spoiled with a Miele fridge. I own several Miele appliances and to date have never regretted a purchase. Hope that is helpful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele 30

• omega73
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Miele does offer 10 year but for an extra $800, right now the promo is $400 off plus a 5 year warranty instead of 1 year.

bend-or do you know the prices for those counter depth SZs, I believe we were saw them but were much more expensive than the Miele. I can't seem to find prices online.

• omega73
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Any more info on this particular Miele fridge, showroom piece states it's Made in Austria. There really isn't too much info out there.

• bend_or
    10 years ago

Here is a price for a Sub-Zero BI-36R All Refrigerator. Of course, it is possible to be in a region of the world that is blocked from seeing this region's price. For example, Asian markets appear to be blocked from seeing this page.

I am also thinking about the full column refrigeration and freezer drawer configuration. Seems to ease layout when compared to using a BI-48 to obtain greater capacity.

• bend_or
    10 years ago

I have visited numerous appliance stores in multiple cities, but I have not found a Miele dealer who has expressed any enthusiasm (or info) about Miele promotions of any kind. I get the impression many appliance sales people are less informed than the customer. But that's another thread!

Are the promotions you mention available through a particular retailer? thank you! :)

• omega73
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Bend-or, I believe the current Miele promotions are only in Canada.

If you are in Canada you should find the promos at any retailer that carries Miele regardless of what part of the country you live in as it's a Miele promo not a specific retailer offer.

• homepro01
    10 years ago

Omega73,
    In the US, that fridge is sold by Liebherr. It is the Liebherr 30" fridge freezer. I have the built in version of this fridge (CI1650). My unit is about 6years old and I love it. I even like the ice maker. It makes small ice and with filtered water, I have never had a problem. I like the adjustable shelving and the produce storage. I was In an appliance store yesterday looking at a Bluestar cooktop and I looked at the new Liebherr fridges. The main difference is that they have added LED lighting.
    Homepro01