Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Whirlpool Gold Dishwasher

Posted by dorry2 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 9, 12 at 22:10

So disappointed...had a Kitchen Aid, 49 dba dishwasher installed a few weeks ago and need to replace it with a dishwasher that is not as tall. Rep recommended the Whirlpool Gold model Model: WDT910SAYM. It is comparable to the Kitchen AId; however, the flatware basket is on the door! I don't know if i will like this, having to bend all the way over to load the flatware, as opposed to having to load it on the side of one of the interior baskets.
Anyone have a dishwasher with the flatware basket attached to door...do you like it? ALso, the detergent dispenser is just above the flatware basket, so when the detergent is dispersed, it will go through the flatware basket, then hit the dishes.

Is this a poor design/design flaw? Interested in hearing from anyone who has a dw with the flatware basket on the door.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Whirlpool Gold Dishwasher

Whirlpool has had this design for many years.

Check your instruction manual. Some version of the flatware basket can hang on front of the lower rack. Or you can place it in the lower rack anywhere it'll fit.

o

My Whirlpool has the flatware basket on the door, and I find it at least as convenient as a basket in the rack. There's really not more bending for me, and it frees up space in the racks.

The racks are easily removable and can be placed in the main body of the DW, but I've never wanted to.

o

I have it on the door and I love it. It's really easy to remove the basket and put it on the counter for loading and unloading. My stainless steel silverware always said to keep it away from the heating elements. Impossible until I got this dishwasher.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here