Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deb52899

Blue star electric wall oven w/ French doors

Debbi Branka
9 years ago

I ordered my wall oven and 30" RNB range 8 weeks ago. The range has been in the store warehouse for a while. Still waiting on the oven to schedule delivery. Today the rep told my salesman that the wall oven has no specific date yet, but they're looking at the first quarter of next year. Sounds like I may be lucky to have it by Easter. Was originally hoping for thanksgiving. They are going to go ahead and deliver the range and not charge a separate delivery fee. So I should get my range on 12/22. Just in time to learn gas cooking on Christmas day.

Comments (13)

• HomeChef59
    9 years ago

Just be sure to give yourself plenty of time for pre-heat. It's a big oven.

When you get the wall ovens. Please be sure to return and report your experience. I'm waiting to replace my double ovens.

• MarieInClt
    9 years ago

I am planning to order the BlueStar electric French door wall oven and BlueStar 36" rangetop for our kitchen remodel. We won't be ready for the appliance install until May, but it looks like I better order the appliances right now!! Wow! I appreciate the heads up! I know the FD electric wall oven is a new appliance for them but did they tell you why it is being delayed? Thanks and good luck with your project!

• Debbi Branka
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Marie,
    I posted to BlueStar on their Facebook page to ask about the delay. This is the response I got:

"Thank you for your enthusiasm about our products. We do apologize for your inconvenience and the delays. The electric wall ovens are still currently in the pre-production phase and no shipping schedule has been set yet. All of the
    pre-orders that were taken were acknowledged to our dealers and sales force as being pre-production, not a back-ordered item. We are currently still awaiting the arrival of the last purchased components needed to produce this product to
    arrive, as they were greatly delayed from our supplier. The current estimate of the arrival of this component is mid-January."

I would say if you plan to have one, you should definitely order now! What color are you getting?

• MarieInClt
    9 years ago

Deb.... I really appreciate you sharing this information! I am going to get my order in now!!! I am getting it in stainless. Are you getting it in a navy? That will be gorgeous!!! But it looks like we will have to wait a while to compare notes!! I can't thank you enough!!!!

• Debbi Branka
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You're very welcome Marie. Yes, I got navy (color 5011). I'll at least get to see my range in navy on Monday. Will live with a hole in the wall (oven cabinet) for several months.

• Debbi Branka
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Range has arrived! All I've had a chance to do is boil water and turn on the oven and broiler and convection fan. DH says oven is a beast (in a good way)! Fan is way quiet IMO. And oven door is Luke warm. Handle cold. I will put it all to the test on Wednesday.

• novanovice
    9 years ago

Looks great! Can you take a picture that shows the range with the hood?

• Debbi Branka
    Original Author
    9 years ago

No hood right now nova. Just an otr microwave (300 CFR) which will be vented outside. DH doesn't think we'll need one. Time will tell.

This post was edited by deb52899 on Tue, Dec 23, 14 at 8:40

• MarieInClt
    9 years ago

It looks beautiful and just in time for all the Christmas cooking!
    I need to check further about the FD electric wall oven after the holidays but the rep said the delay was because they wanted a 9 min preheat and delayed production until they achieved that. I was told that they are now back to an 8 week delivery. But I am still going to put my order in. I hope your oven is delivered soon!

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

Please ditch the OTR microwave. With a range this powerful it's not just a performance issue, it's a safety issue. OTR microwaves and high heat don't mix. They are cheaply made Chinese junk and will melt or catch on fire if you aren't careful.

• Debbi Branka
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hvtech. We really don't know how to add a hood. The kitchen was done 4 years ago and the cabinets are what they are. Replacing the range became a necessity and I chose the 30" RNB. The range wall is the outside wall and the vent can go outside from the cabinet over the microwave. It cannot go UP as we have an upstairs. Here's the cabinets with the otr microwave. Any suggestion for a hood that we can retrofit here without any reconfiguration?

• bellsmom
    9 years ago

Here in this old pic is my hood over the old JennAire range which I finally was able to replace. The motor and vent to the outside are hidden in the cabinet above the hood. The system provides a 1200 cfm exhaust, which is wonderful.

Here the cabinet doors are open to show the amount of storage I retained in the 15" deep cabinets.
    {{gwi:2134321}}
    I am sure you can find something like this that will work. Mine is a ModernAire custom built to take the minimal vertical space for motor and venting.

One problem with fitting a hood into your existing kitchen is that the space above the range is the same width as the range. Recommendations are always that the hood extend least 3" wider on each side than the range. However, a number of people with situations like yours (where they are retrofitting a hood into existing upper cabinets) have installed hoods of the same width as their ranges.

This post was edited by Bellsmom on Mon, Dec 29, 14 at 19:46

• Debbi Branka
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone for the advice. In case you hadn't seen it in other posts, wanted to update that we went with the under-cabinet Vent A Hood (in RAL 5011 color to match the range and wall oven). Finally got it vented to the outside last weekend. I love the lights (2 halogens, 2 brightness levels) and the fan is actually WAY quieter than the OTR microwave was. It's very nice! Haven't cooked anything too stinky or greasy yet, so haven't seen how great it works, but I like it so far.