Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Appliance choices - help please

Posted by katy-lou (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 20, 12 at 20:44

We are in the midst of a complete kitchen remodel and I think have decided on appliances - but still on the fence on the dishwasher. Opinions and comments please

BlueStar 30" RNB range (standard stainless steel): RNB304BV1
KitchenAid Pro 36" x 72" Counter-depth French door refrigerator: KFCP22EXMP
Miele Dimension Plus G 5775 SCSF dishwasher in clean-touch steel: G5775SCSF

Or

The Bosch is: SHX9ER55UC

Holding on a microwave for now - leaning towards the wolf steam oven instead

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Appliance choices - help please

Easy, get the Miele!

Very hard to find negative reviews on Miele DW's regardless of age.

Not so hard to find for Bosch. Number of reviews on fowl smells, Several on the racks not gliding out properly.
There are quite a few folks that like the Bosches but The Miele is a much safer bet.

To me it would be a contest between Kitchenaid and Miele.
In my case the Miele won, (back in 2006) due to it's top cutlery tray---Luv it.

It has cleaned well, been quiet and trouble free since 2006.

As far as the Steam oven goes, there is a current thread about the Wolf Steam oven. The concensus seems that you need both the steam oven and a microwave, (Read the posts on the thread and see for yourself).

Good luck on your quest.

Gary

o

Miele all the way. Don't look back! We've had an Excella for 4 years, does an awesome job every time we use it.

o

@katy-lou: the Bosch model you are looking for is the 800plus model and is made in germany. Those models don't suffer with the usual bosch dw issues as the lower models are made in us.

o

My Bosch is the 800 series and it cleans great but on the bottom rack, the little pieces that hold it together have broken. It is 4 years old and the first ones broke at about 2 years into it. I am the only one that loads it am very careful. A new rack is $200 but I guess I will try to buy theclips. Others have had this problem.

o

Wekick, You may want to call Bosch. Their racks have a 5 year warranty on them.

o

Thanks Jakvis, I will do that.

o

@wekick: which clips are these can you take a picture? I will keep an eye on said clips on my washer.

What about any odors have you run a clean cycle or you let it air dry after a wash or?

o

Went ahead an ordered tonight. Went with the miele - mostly happy with the choices - not in love with the fridge but making the rational choice over the liebherr given the other expenses in the remodel

o

You will be happy with the Miele - I would recommend using either the Finish blocks or the Miele soap blocks. The Miele repair guy gave us a few and I am hooked!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here