Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone have an Electrolux Icon refrigerator?

Posted by DMack108 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 11, 12 at 20:42

I am trying to choose between the Electrolux EI23BC80KS refrigerator and the Electrolux Icon E23BC68JPS. Both are counter depth with NO ice/water in door.

My issue is that I can't get a straight answer from Electrolux about the Icon's freezer versus the regular Electrolux's freezer. The only pictures I can find show absolutely no ice bin in the Icon, but the specs everywhere say there is an ice bin AND an ice dispenser in the freezer. Ice dispenser in the freezer??? Electrolux says that must be a mistake.

The specs also say that the Icon has 7.7 sq ft. freezer shelf space versus 5.2 sq. ft. in the regular Electrolux, but the only picture I find online looks like the Icon freezer is much smaller.

If anyone actually has an Icon refrigerator and would be willing to share their experience/comments and a picture of the inside of the freezer, I would greatly appreciate it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone have an Electrolux Icon refrigerator?

If you check both items at Sears Parts you will see the ice bin and ice maker. Presumably it is standard on the Icon Electrolux EI23BC80KS refrigerator and optional on some or all variants of the Electrolux E23BC68JPS.

o

We just got the Icon Fridge (no ice in door).
I only see an ice bin! I'll take some pics later...

o

When you open the freezer this is the middle (main) compartment.

IMG_1695

Small Drawer opens above the main compartment.
IMG_1696

IMG_1697

IMG_1698

IMG_1700

IMG_1701

o
bottom

The 2nd to last picture is the bottom compartment... HTH

o

Thank you so much 2LittleFishies! You gave me a lot of peace of mind.

o

Glad I could help : )

o

I am considering getting either the E23BC68JPS or EI23BC80KS to replace our old counter depth fridge.

Any opinions from current owners on either model? They look to be nearly identical, however the handles on the icon seem to be nicer. I am also concerned about how well the silver trim on the interior glass shelves will wear over time, as it's just painted plastic.

Thanks for any insight you can provide...

This post was edited by spective on Sat, Oct 19, 13 at 20:58

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here