Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Electrolux oven probe - how do you clean it?

Posted by Cavimum (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 30, 12 at 20:23

There is absolutely nothing in the owner's manual about how to clean the oven probe.
Hand wash? Can it be submerged?
Dishwasher?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Electrolux oven probe - how do you clean it?

Just wash it in your kitchen sink with a sponge, dish soap, and water. Don't see why it needs to be submerged; just rinsed off is all. Its not a big job.

o

Thanks. That's how I've been doing it, too, but didn't know if I could toss it into the water with other items.

It seems odd that there are no cleaning instructions for the silly thing in the manual.

o

We wash the probe part only, not the part that plugs into the oven. I don't know if that makes a difference, but we treat our wireless probe thermometer the same way.

How did the Elux probe work for you?

Cheryl

o

@jadeite - The probe seems to be working great, so far. I have used it twice, once with a roast and last night with a meatloaf. It was nice to not worry if the meatloaf was "done" in the middle!

o

Something like an Optico pad (normally used for cleaning eyeglasses) or a paper towel dampened in a small area with
some 99% Isopropyl Alcohol (usually found at drugstores in 500ml bottles)is good for cleaning probe plug connectors, etc.

A small empty eyeglass cleaner spray bottle can be reused as a convenient container for spraying the towel.
The isoprop is very drying on the skin so rubber gloves are a good idea. Since the liquid is easily vaporized
high strength alcohol, use around open flames and live electrical circuits should be avoided.

o

I used the probe with the "perfect turkey" mode for Christmas. It actually was perfect!

o

Wow, I never really thought about it, because it looks pretty waterproof to me. I just wash the probe with a dish cloth and dry it off. I've never worried too much about getting it wet, can't remember if it's ever been submerged but the whole thing has definately been held under running water with no ill effects. An E'lux customer rep used to post here occasionally, his/her name was Chris Polk. Very responsive to questions, if you do a search you'll come up with her name/email address. I'm sure you'd get the definitive answer from her.

I really like the probe, it works well. I've also used the 'perfect turkey' button and it actually does a very good job. I especially like that I can adjust the target temperature of the turkey.

Cj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here