Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beth1010_gw

Should I buy KitchenAid Dishwasher KUDE70FX?

beth1010
10 years ago

Hi. I've been reading mixed reviews of the KitchenAid dishwasher KUDE70FX (with third rack). Do you love it or hate it, and why?

Thank you.

Comments (8)

• xc60
    10 years ago

We liked our KUDE70 a lot, washed the dishes great. But after about a year the pump something or other failed and we had a small water leak that luckily we noticed right away. I would buy one again but would make sure the pump problem was fixed on the newer KUDE70 dishwasher models before I bought.

• tarheel72
    10 years ago

We bought a KUDE70FVSS in February of 2010 and have been very happy with it. So far no issues and it is by far the quietest DW we have ever had. We don't bother with the timer and can run it anytime we want. It sits right in the middle of our great room, sharing the kitchen/breakfast/family room area but you can't even tell its running.

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

I have mixed feelings.

I purchased my KitchenAid Dishwasher KUDE70FXSS at the end of November 2009 and I have not had any problems with it as it works well and I do dishes a few times a week.

I love the third rack for the silverware and love how quite it is, but I do not like the big handle on the door for my small hand and how crumbs and dirt get on the sides and are difficult to clean. I do not like the very difficult to clean magnetic stainless steel that does not match my LG refrigerator or my GE Café Range or my Zephyr Hood or my GE Microwave while all my other appliances have the easier to clean stainless steel that does not hold magnets and match each other. I do NOT like how it sticks out and is too big for the counter area.

Again, I LOVE how quite it is and the top dish rack but if I could do it again, I would buy another dishwasher with skinnier handles that are easier to clean with a top dish rack and stainless steel that does not take magnets that is more of a brushed easier to clean stainless steel AND is not so deep.

• laundryvet
    10 years ago

There are many unfavorable reviews at this website for KitchenAid dishwashers. I have a KitchenAid refrigerator and convection range, which I am very happy with, but read enough here to opt for a low end Miele instead for $899 rather than getting a matching KitchenAid dishwasher. Control issues, rack issues, floods, servicing issues among others led me to this decision.

When it get so bad that somebody sets up a website called KitchenAidfires, you know you have to look at other options.

Laundryvet

• laundryvet
    10 years ago

There are many unfavorable reviews at this website for KitchenAid dishwashers. I have a KitchenAid refrigerator and convection range, which I am very happy with, but read enough here to opt for a low end Miele instead for $899 rather than getting a matching KitchenAid dishwasher. Control issues, rack issues, floods, servicing issues among others led me to this decision.

When it get so bad that somebody sets up a website called KitchenAidfires, you know you have to look at other options.

Laundryvet

• repac
    10 years ago

Have had a KUDE70FX for nearly a year and we're very happy with it. Extremely quiet, washes dishes well. Third rack is nice if you have a lot of nice silverware that you don't want to put in the silverware caddy. But it also decreases the head room for the rack below it. No problem--we remove the third rack when we need the extra room for the rack below.

It's also nice that the rack below the top one will adjust up or down. Great dishwasher for a reasonable price.

• HansZarkov
    10 years ago

About 18 months ago I purchased an $1,100 KitchenAid KUDE40xxxx D/W for my house and moved my 9 year old KA D/W to a rental. The guts of all of the KA D/W's are generally the same above about $500. As the price moves up they just add a few more features like the utensil rack and wash/rinse functions. This new KA is a real disappointment. The membrane key pad went out within the 1st year of the factory warranty. Then the upper rack parts began to fall apart. I have the same rack problems as others have mentioned. Fortunately, I bought the extended warranty which is usually a mistake according to Consumers Magazine but for $149 it may turn into a bargain. I called my extended warranty co. and they said the rack problem is not covered and to call Kitchen Aid. They indicated that KA has a problem with the racks. I called KA and they said they would supply the parts for the rack but I would have to pay for the service call. They would not send me the parts which I offered to install (and probably cost KA 50 cents). The service call was $109. The tech said they carry those rack parts on all of their service trucks because of the high failure rate. The tech also said it is the same part as the original, it hasn't been improved, so he said he'll be back as it will fail again. Meanwhile, my old $500 KA D/W has never been a problem after 10 years including 18 months in a rental. My next kitchen remodel is about 7 months away and now I have to find a D/W for that job and it will not be KA.

• sas95
    10 years ago

After just having junked my non-working 2-1/2 year-old KA dishwasher last week, I'd never buy another KA appliance.