Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Appliances for small kitchen

Posted by beth1010 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 3, 13 at 19:55

Hi. I've been reading your posts and good advice, and finally decided to jump in.

We're renovating a small kitchen in a small apartment. We are planning to install an OTR microwave/convection oven with recirculating fan over a 30" gas cooktop over a single electric 30" wall oven. We have no room for any other wall oven configuration, so we prefer a large capacity wall oven. We don't want an induction cooktop. We have no outside venting, so no hood.

We're also installing a 24" panel-ready dishwasher.

For the microwave, gas cooktop and electric wall oven, we're considering GE Profile (PSA9240SFSS or PVM9179SFSS, PGP953SETSS and PT7050SFSS or similar) or KitchenAid (KHMC1857BSS, KFGS306VSS or similar and KEBS109BSS). Any recommendations?

For the dishwasher, we're leaning toward KitchenAid KUDE70FX for the heat dry cycle and third rack. Anyone have good experiences with that model?

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Appliances for small kitchen

Just a small point: I've had an inexpensive GE 18" dishwasher in my kitchen, along with a 24". We almost NEVER use the 24. Unless you have a large family, you end up holding dishes in the dishwasher for too many days, trying to avoid wasting all that energy on a couple of plates. I think that most people, especially empty nesters, could gain back some cabinet space if they gave up the idea of a 24 inch dishwasher.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here