Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jack223

Bosh dishwasher leaking/overflowing

Jack223
11 years ago

Model Number: SHU5312uc/06 Brand: Bosch Age: 6-10 years

I have a Bosh dishwasher model #SHU5312UC/06. That has begun to act up.

The first symptom occurred about two weeks ago, when the circulator pump failed to shut off. It ran all night, long enough for it to begin to smell (burnt electric odor). Ran the self diagnostic routine and found no codes, but the diagnostic would not finish. The circulator pump ran even though the sump was empty (by sound).

Pulled the bottom access panel and found water. Drained about two quarts. Ran the diagnostic again and noticed a leak that appeared to be coming from the junction of the motor/circulator pump assembly. Bought and installed a new motor, shaft seal, impeller and O ring. No more leaks from the pump. (I pressure tested it with rubber stoppers and compressed air).

I am now showing a diagnostic error code "4" and, on the fill cycle, I have water squirting out of the vent hole in the translucent plastic housing on the left side of the machine that connects the water inlet hose, drain pump hose and drain hose. Directly to the right of this (toward the front of the machine) is a blue plastic housing that holds the water leakage float and what I believe to be the water level sensor. Both switches seem to be free and working properly when tested with an amp meter.

I�ve also sight checked both parts of the control board for obvious fault, and can find no evidence of a burnt spot on the board or loose/poor solder connections.

I�m stumped, and would appreciate any help any of you can offer. I�ll try and attach two pictures, one of the pump leak area (believed to be repaired), and one of the drain assembly where water is now coming out. Beginning to think I should have listened to the wife and sprung for a new machine

Thanks in advance for any help.

jack

Comments (5)