Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sjhockeyfan325

Apple Pie spillover

sjhockeyfan325
10 years ago

My apple pie spilled over onto the floor of my brand new oven. Do I care? no, because I'm so damned happy to have a working kitchen!

Comments (8)

• bmorepanic
    10 years ago

Happy Holidays to you from another person ecstatic to be able to make holiday meals.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

SJ
    Happy holidays and enjoy the pie!
    I had peach pie all over mine not too long ago

• sjhockeyfan325
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hope you enjoy yours! I'm about to make some molten chocolate cakes for tonight but I'll bake them at my friend's!

• jakvis
    10 years ago

If you haven't already make sure you clean up sugary spills right away because they can etch porcelain surfaces leaving a dull spot on the shiney surface.
    However, other than cosmetic, it doesn't harm the oven.

• sjhockeyfan325
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks jakvis - we have already cleaned it up!

• jakvis
    10 years ago

I think I remember from a previous post you have the Bosch oven. Thats a great oven.

Just remember to not put foil on the floor of the oven because it has a hidden bake element and they can melt the foil to the floor of the oven. I have a customer who recently did this with a different brand.

Enjoy your holiday baking.
    BTW Apple Pie is my favorite

• sjhockeyfan325
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the tip. Actually I HAD a Bosch oven, but we replaced it in the remodel. We had no choice but to get a "European-size" oven so we went with a Fagor. Seems to work fine, although I haven't tried convection yet. It wouldn't have been my first choice, but it works.

(This particular apple pie recipe is a little different, so I'm posting the recipe for you:

RED LION INN APPLE PIE

INGREDIENTS

1/3 lb. puff pastry dough (I just use one sheet)
    3 large tart red apples, peeled and sliced (I use green - Granny Smith; and for a 10" deep dish pie pan, I used 4 large apples)
    1 1/4 c. water
    3/4 c. + 2 T. sugar
    2 T. cornstarch
    3/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
    1/2 cup butter (room temp)
    6 T dark raisins
    1/4 c. sliced almonds, blanched
    1 T.fresh lemon juice
    1/4 tsp. vanilla
    pinch cinnamon, mace, nutmeg

DIRECTIONS

1Place rack in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 400ð.
    2Grease 10-in. pie plate. Roll pastry 1/8 in. thick and fit into plate, cutting off excess.
    3Arrange apples over pastry.
    4Combine 1 cup water and 3/4 cup sugar in small saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves, then boil 10 minutes without stirring.
    5 Dissolve cornstarch in remaining water and add to sugar mixture, stirring constantly until thickened. Pour over apples.
    6 Thoroughly combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, raisins and almonds. Mix in remaining ingredients and put on pie evenly over apples (too hard to spread at this point).
    7Bake 15 minutes. Spread topping with spatula. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes longer. Serve warm.)

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Thanks for sharing!
    Happy new year!