Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jrut_gw

Need wall oven recommendations

jrut
12 years ago

I've been looking on consumer reports for wall oven reviews. Most of the ones with high ratings have terrible customer reviews. Not sure which to believe. Seems like most have problems with the electronic controls. I'm looking for a unit for around $2000. I'm hoping for a white unit to match my other appliances, which seems to narrow things down quite a bit.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

rut

Comments (4)

• Madeline616
    12 years ago

I love my Kenmore elite 30" electric wall oven. It has self-clean and convection--no steam feature or anything very fancy--but it's easy to use, reliable, self-cleans like a dream, and a real workhorse.

I believe you can get one right around your price range, and many models come in white.

Happy hunting!

• mydreamhome
    12 years ago

DS loves her GE profile & she bakes & roasts alot. She has the double oven version with self clean & convection in the biscuit color. She reports everything coming out perfectly (as long as she doesn't forget the food is in there, LOL!)

Here's a link to the Sears site with their GE Profile lineup in white--Advantiums, single & double ovens all available either under the $2K mark (single oven) or just above it (double oven). Don't forget that you can get the Sears Friends & Family discount for additional savings off their 'sale' price. I've been told by Sears just to ask for it even if they are not advertising it & they will more often than not give it to you.

Happy oven hunting!

Here is a link that might be useful: GE Profile Ovens in White @ Sears

• deeageaux
    12 years ago

A single electric white wall oven?

You can get one of the very well thought of Electrolux wall ovens.
    Electrolux EW30EW55GW delivered for $1799

Electrolux Co. Description
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Luxury-Glide Oven Racks
    With a ball bearing system, oven racks are so smooth they extend effortlessly

Sure-2-Fit Capacity
    Coordinate an entire meal - their oven features 4.2 cubic feet of cooking space with three adjustable racks

Baking Options
    Features 7 cooking modes and 10 cooking options including their exclusive Perfect Turkey button for large holiday meals
    Perfect Convect Third Element European Convection System features a
    variable 2-speed fan for more even cooking

Luxury-Design Lighting
    Their ramp-up designer halogen lighting is as beautiful as it is functional and their Luxury-Hold oven door stays put at whatever angle you place it
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In link you will find 8 owner reviews that give an average rating of 4.9 stars out of 5.0.

Here is a link that might be useful: Reviews.

• aliceinmd
    12 years ago

We have the double-oven Fisher Paykel unit. I don't know if they make their ovens in white, but I do know the ovens have been reliable and accurate, and whenever I've had a question, a quick phone call to New Zealand has gotten excellent assistance.