Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zeebee_gw

New Capital Culinarian - questions after testing it out

zeebee
9 years ago

Our 36" 6-burner Culinarian was installed and today was my day to remove all the packing materials, read the literature and do a quick test of burners and oven. Besides discovering that the GC forgot to install the anti-tip device (oops! add another item to the punch list), I had three questions/issues:

1 - each of the burners has licks of yellow flame that occur when the burner gets to its higher settings. The licks occur from about 80% of full all the way up to full. There is NOT a consistent yellow-tipped flame, just the licks every 8 seconds or so (more frequently on one burner). Is this an issue?

2 - the holes on the burner head do not all have flames coming out; sometimes 1/4 of the holes on one of the rings will be flame-less, sometimes just scattered holes here and there. This corrects itself if I blow on the burner. Is this a problem?

3 - I get a faint odor of gas when I ignite the burners. Am I just smelling the gas that's running to the burner before the igniter sparks a flame? I'm hypersensitive to the smell of gas, but want to make sure this is OK too.

Thanks for any reassurance or cautions/warnings you can give me.

Comments (3)