Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for a Cooking Solution

Posted by uv_dragon (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 31, 13 at 18:55

We are remodeling our house and planning our kitchen. I enjoy doing a fair amount of stir-fry with large pans. We also do griddle-like cooking (bacon, burgers, etc) and some general skillet pot cooktop cooking.

We use our current microwave daily.

We've used the ovens in the places we have lived, once or twice a year max.

I'm really hesitant to buy a range if the oven is so rarely used. Also, we aren't made of money so whatever solution we choose should be reasonably cost-effective.

At this point, I've heard of Advantium, convection microwaves, etc but I'm clueless. What do people recommend as the best cooking solution for this situation?

Note that we do expect to keep the house for a while but we would like to make sure the house is reasonably sellable if we need to.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for a Cooking Solution

I barely use the cooktop and use my oven almost all the time but from what I learned here maybe most of your budget should be on quality gas cooktop with griddle ( Wolf or BlueStar )

Popular here is Advanitium by GE, Speed Ovens by Wolf, Miele etc as they quicker than conventional ovens.

Dan

o

• Posted by ctycdm 10b/Sunset 24 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 1, 14 at 11:03

For your style of cooking, I would strongly recommend a range top with griddle, ie. Bluestar or Wolf. (A rangetop is basically a range without an oven.) You could then get a smaller separate oven, or micro/oven combo for your occasional use.

This post was edited by ctycdm on Wed, Jan 1, 14 at 11:06

o

If you cook with large pots, I would recommend a rangetop over a cooktop. The rangetop knobs are in front. The griddle in the middle is great, keep in mind the griddle will need a better rangehood. For resale value you should put in at least one wall oven in addition to the Advantium. For cooking Capital is also a good option.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here