Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Liebherr 30" CS16 series Amperage Used

Posted by rmihal (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 3, 12 at 18:26

Since there a lot of Liebherr owners here, wonder if someone can tell me what the amperage is of the 30" models. I have ordered a CS1611 but assume all the CS 16 series use the same amount.

I know it needs a 15 am circuit but I don't see what it actually draws when running. I am replacing a 1984 SZ that used 6 amps. Since I don't have a dedicated line I want to make sure I am not overloading the circuit.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Liebherr 30" CS16 series Amperage Used

I don't own a Liebherr, but like my Jenn-air 48" fridge, it does use the variable speed compressor/s,--mine has one, yours has two. These type of compressors do not take the huge "Start up Current" that conventional On/Off compressors do and many SZ's used the old (On/off) style compressors not sure about the model SZ you had. The startup of the old compressors is what really draws the power, and then the old styles run at full RPM, whereas your Liebherr runs at variable speeds, usually slow unless more cooling called for
(door left open a while, fridge set for a lower temp, etc).

I would recommend you stick with Liebherrs recommendation as far as power goes, A Dedicated 15 amp circuit, However I did manage to find this:

CS 1611
Energy Star: qualified
Energy consumption p. a.: 431 kWh
Energy Supply: 115V / 60Hz / 2.5A
Total capacity: 15.5 cu ft (438 L)
Refrigerator: 11.3 cu ft (319 L)
Freezer: 4.2 cu ft (119 L)
Climate Rating: SN-T
Door hinges: left / reversible
� Automatic refrigerator defrosting
� Automatic freezer compartment defrosting
� SmartSteel doors
� LED light column and LED freezer lighting

I'm not positive what that 2.5 amps is, could be per compressor????

Best thing would be to call Liebherr.

Looks like you made a great choice (At least until we hear about SZ again using Variable speed Compressors, LED Lighting, etc etc---)!!

A "Kwik way" to compare the power draw of the SZ versus the Liebherr would be to find the energy star rating of your old SZ, is it more than 431 kWh?? If so, the the Liebherr uses less power than the SZ, HTH's!!!

Gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here