Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not thrilled with our Miele Futura Crystal

Posted by blilja (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 30, 12 at 18:16

We installed this in a house we just purchased, and it's not bad, but also not terrific. Dishes need to be rinsed fairly thoroughly before going in to get clean. Have an occasional run that leaves dirt on dishes. And the drying's not the best. Had high expectations based on reviews. Reactions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not thrilled with our Miele Futura Crystal

Are you using Miele/Somat products?

Tabs,Salt and/or Rinse Aid?

If yes I would call Miele to have a tech come out and see.

If not I would give those a try first. All of them at once.

My dishes come out perfect every time on my La Perla II with the possbile exception of some plastics which may be a little wet. I use Miele tabs,salt and rinse aid.

o
btw

I don't pre-rinse anything including casserole dishes where I just made au gratin potatoes. Just scrape.

And in the case of that casserole dish pots'n pans or starch and cheese program.

o

^^^^^^ ditto

don't rinse your dishes going into any euro dishwasher.

If you have wet dishes , you are not using rinse aid - or enough.

Plastics, especially thin ones or things with lots of ridges like sippy cups and tupperware that will hold puddles of water in the ridges of the rims and nipples WILL NOT dry in a euro model or even in a domestic one for that matter ! That puddles of water require more energy to evaporate than either can produce on in dry cycle.

This is experienced by many people using euro dishwashers for the first time , especially mieles because all they hear is : "it's the most fantastic thing on the planet and it even folds socks and does windows" blather. There is a learning curve with these that some people find annoying, and, if not followed gives poor results.

o

Ditto
I don't rinse anything.
If it isn't cleaning contact Miele

o

As others have said, you shouldn't rinse at all, just scrape. Pre-rinsing your dishes will cause them, and your glasses, to etch, because you are not giving the detergent anything to "work" on, so it works on the plates themselves. So do not rinse, just scrape. Also, use rinse-aid - you don't need to buy the expensive stuff, just Jet Dry at the supermarket works fine.

I am wondering if your hot water is hooked up properly to the DW. If the DW is just running cold water, things won't get clean. Or perhaps your water isn't draining out properly, which would explain dirt left on dishes. As others have said, call Miele and have them come check your DW. It should still be under warranty.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here