Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kenmore HE4t Inner Drum Spindle

Posted by tuffametuffayou (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 1, 13 at 18:01

I disassembled our Kenmore HE4t with the intentions of replaceing the tub bearings. However upon inspection the inner tub spindle assembly or spider is cracked almost all the way around. Sears doesn't list it as a separate part and the on line parts house also only lists the entire drum as a replacement even though the spider can be removed.
Is there a compatable spider from a similar kenmore that will fit and have the same size spindle?
Kenmore HE4t model # 110.45981400

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kenmore HE4t Inner Drum Spindle

Parts are arranged on some models such that the spider is not available as a separate item. Even if a spider from some other unit would retrofit, getting the old spider off the old drum may not be as easy as you think ... the anchor nuts are very tight, possibly sealed with Loctite or some such adhesive. I refurbished a 2006 Whirlpool Duet last year, the spider wasn't broken but had developed some corrosion and deterioration. I bought a replacement drum but tried getting the old spider loose just to see if I could and the nuts wouldn't come off, ended up damaging a couple in the attempt ... although maybe I wasn't using the right method of attack.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here