Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeweleee

3rd oven/MW help-- Miele speed oven?

jeweleee
10 years ago

I've found these forums so incredibly helpful. We are just in the final throws of having to decide on appliances. We are going with the 48" BlueStar RNB, which has one huge oven and one good size oven. I'm planning for a wall oven/micro combo and a warming drawer but could use a sanity check.

-We like to entertain--Thanksgiving can be 30-40 people, and one year we had to have 3 turkeys. Hence the desire for a 3rd overflow oven

-We do microwave a fair bit as we have young kids, only really for reheating stuff for them when time is tight

-I looked at steam ovens but we don't steam a lot-- my husband likes crisp veggies so I wok or blanch them quickly, we don't eat much rice, and I wish I could get him to eat more fish but basically only when I roast/grill it with a flavorfull sauce will he touch it

What I'm thinking about for the wall stack is the Miele speed oven and the Miele warming drawer. Not sure I really need a warming drawer but we are doing a high end kitchen and sorta feels like I need one? Is that crazy? Plus I'm worried a small wall oven without anything else in the stack might look odd?

Are there other oven/mw combos I should consider instead of the Miele? The combo is definitely pricey and I don't love that it looks so modern as our kitchen will be pretty classic cape cod style-- white cabinets/carrera counters, except island will be blue with blue marble. But it seems to get good reviews and I'm at a loss for what else to do. Or if it is worth the money.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living