Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
whirlpool duet, model GHW 9400PW

Posted by Boy654 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 23, 12 at 17:51

I get recurring dl F error. This started about a year ago after 5&1/2 years without problem. I have unplugged several times. Sometimes that seems to work, most of the time it does not. Any solution or is it time to buy a new one? What is the life expectancy of these machines?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: whirlpool duet, model GHW 9400PW

dl of course is door lock error.

1. The door lock mechanism has failed or is operating erratically. Check that the latch on the door is not broken, replace if so. Replace the door lock mechanism (behind the front panel) if it has failed or is suspect.

2. An electrical/wiring problem exists between the door lock mechanism and the control board such that the board isn't correctly reading the condition of the lock. Examine the wiring and connectors for evidence of a break or loose connection.

Could also be a bad control board.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here