Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drbroje

dual fuel range,kenmore pro 30 or 36 inch,79523,79623

drbroje
13 years ago

I am buying a new range for a kitchen remodel I am looking for a pro style range with a large convection oven and a meat probe. I have never had a gas stove but i would like a good simmer. I recently saw a kenmore pro range at 30 inch with a simmer burner and a bridge burner. The 36 inch kenmore pro had a bridge and 4 burners,3 at 9,ooo btu and one triple stack burner. I am also considering Ge cafe 30 inch dual fuel or wolf. Anyone have experience with Kenmore pro ranges? They are half the cost of wolf and seem to offer more features.I am buying the range fairly soon .Jennifer

Comments (9)

• weissman
    13 years ago

No, a Kenmore doesn't offer more features than a Wolf - a Wolf will have mostly power burners, not just one - a big deal to many of us. You should figure out who makes the Kenmore range, Kenmore doesn't manufacture anything - they just rebadge. Also, have you considered getting an all gas range - you'll save quite a bit over a dual fuel range.

• tom421
    13 years ago

Did you get the Kenmore Pro range? I am looking at he same range from a Sears outlet store. The price is right. Please let me know how you like this range.

• tom421
    13 years ago

Thanks for the info. I found one at Sears outlet in great shape for $1850. I could not pass it up.

• boymomx2
    13 years ago

@tom421....are you pleased with your new range?? We just bought the 36" version, but it's still in the box waiting to be installed.

@Chris...How did you find out the Kenmore Pro ranges are made by Electrolux? I've been trying to get that info!

Thanks!

• v20clc
    12 years ago

Kind of funny what comes back from a Google search. I searched on "Kenmore Pro" and "Electrolux Icon" and the first search result was a recall notice for both brands of ranges due to carbon monoxide gas release. The recall is for the all-gas ranges though, not the dual-fuel. The notice makes it clear that Electrolux is the manufacturer of both ranges. I found out they were manufactured in Canada by looking at the back of my range prior to installation, there's a big label on there.

Also, find Electrolux's website and locate the Icon Pro style ranges....very similar to the Kenmore Pro's with some minor cosmetic differences.

You'll like your range. Our 30" dual fuel Kenmore Pro replaced a 25 year old electric GE and the difference is night and day.

• dieseldevildog
    9 years ago

tony.catalina@yahoo.com

• dieseldevildog
    9 years ago

On July of 2009 we purchased our range from Sears Great Indoors in Novi, Michigan. Since that time we have replaced 2 oven control boards, 2 Oven temperature selector switches and one oven potentiometer switch. That was over $600 for those items. Now, the plastic, yes I said "Plastic" handles are peeling and cracking apart. A $6000 range and Sears puts plastic handles on it, unbelievable! Please check the internet as there are hundreds of complaints about the oven temperature problems and the control knobs for both the oven and gas range are peeling and bubbling and cracking. When the knob starts to crack, it leaves small plastic like chrome sticking up like little razors. I cut my hand on a couple of them. We just cannot afford to replace all these range knobs as the cost of over $600. Use your hard earned money on another brand, stay away from the Kenmore Pro Line.

• divachar
    3 years ago

I had to come by and say I purchased this range when they were released .... I think 2008, anyways it’s now 2021 and we did a complete remodel and I still put this range back in, 14years later! The style is a classic everyone thinks it’s brand new, I’ve had zero problems with it .... these were gems for they were extremely well priced for a dual fuel convection.