Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LG Fridge Makes a Loud Buzzing Sound

Posted by Harrah007 (Tom11711@sympatico.ca) on
Sat, Dec 7, 13 at 16:29

My new LG Fridge (Model No. LMX25984ST) makes a very loud buzzing sound lasting 5 seconds once every 57 minutes & 40 seconds (exactly). This fridge has been making this noise ever since I bought it 10 months ago. It does not matter if the compressor is running or not. The buzzing sound is so loud that it wakes me up at night when I am sleeping in the bedroom. LG refuses to solve this problem because their technician cannot wait at my residence for almost an hour to hear the sound. LG's Service Dept. has told me several times (after calling them 40 times during the last 10 months) that if they come to my residence for a second service call that they will charge me $90 for the truck plus an hourly rate for their technician to solve this problem. I have a one-year warranty with LG and another three-year warranty (which cost me another $400) with a local service company. It took two delivery men three hours to disassemble my front door, deliver & assemble the fridge, and reassemble my front door when the fridge arrived at my residence. I do not want to go through all this again to return the fridge to LG. Please e-Mail me if you have any ideas as to what is causing this problem.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LG Fridge Makes a Loud Buzzing Sound

Harrah007:

No idea what is causing the problem.

Several years ago our oven broke & we had a very difficult time getting Sears to honor its warranty. My wife documented each contact and service attempt, as well as the problems and wrote a letter to BBB, the CEO & then the state regulator for consumer affairs. It was the response to the last that got action.

Hopefully yours will come more swiftly than that. Bon Joon Koo is the CEO of LG Electronics, Inc. http://www.lg.com/global/investor-relations/company-info/overview
Of course, if you don't feel like starting a "federal case" & no free advice is forthcoming, maybe you could just pay for the service.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here