Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it still safe to buy a Kenmore washer, dishwasher??

Posted by kenz5 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 7, 13 at 16:22

With all the negative news reports that have Sears just barely hanging on (financially), do you feel that it still makes sense to purchase their products. I've owned Kenmore for quite a few years and really have not had any major problems with them. I need to replace my old Kenmore He3t washer and would like to get another Kenmore (reviews of other washer brands have been mixed with no clear winner??) but not sure how long Sears will be in business?? Many thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it still safe to buy a Kenmore washer, dishwasher??

Kenmore is not a real brand - Kenmore is a rebranding of appliances made by other manufacturers (e.g. Whirlpool, Samsung, LG) sometimes with a few extra features. One big drawback to Kenmore appliances is that you're stuck with Sears warranty service which is provided by A&E which has a terrible reputation. If there's a particular Kenmore appliance you're interested in, you should find out who the actual manufacturer is and then buy the appliance from them.

o

The He3t is the same as the Whirlpool Duet isn't it?

o

• Posted by ctycdm 10b/Sunset 24 (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 7, 13 at 20:55

Duplicate post

This post was edited by ctycdm on Sat, Dec 7, 13 at 21:00

o

If I was in the market for a new washer, it would be a Speed Queen

o

Thanks everyone, I'll check out the whirlpool and Speed Queen washers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here