Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone Seen New Gaggenau Ovens (400 Series)?

Posted by blackbrandywine (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 19, 13 at 16:21

Hello everyone,

We are at the end of a new home build and we decided (a long time ago, with the help of folks on this board) on two Gaggenau wall ovens -- one steam and one regular. Gaggenau recently updated its ovens. The new 400 series seems to have most of the same features but with a slightly different look/operation (touchscreen) and handleless/automatic door operation. Does anyone have these ovens or seen them?

Our local store does not have the new ones in stock and I need to decide ASAP whether to buy the new models, buy floor models of the old models (280 series -- 20% off, never hooked up), or just buy new versions of the old models (they still have some available). If anyone has the new models and/or seen how the handleless/automatic door operation works, I'd love to hear from you. I am trying to find a 400 series to see in person and will post if I do.

Thank you in advance.

Black Brandywine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone Seen New Gaggenau Ovens (400 Series)?

I saw it yesterday. Gorgeous! I love the idea of the handle being tucked into the side. I did not see the door in operation. I walked away quickly because I really did not need to add anything new to my wish list. I will be heading out to the store on Sunday. Let me know if you have any questions and maybe I can find out about it.
Homepro01

o

So we made it to a showroom with the new models. They are very similar, but the touchscreen is updated. The "handleless" opening worked just fine. You push an icon on the touchscreen and the door pops open. There is also an indent on the side, so you can open it up by hand if you want. And if you really want a handle, you can purchase one. I was very concerned about the operation of the door (and whether it would feel like a cheap microwave), but my concerns were unwarranted.

o

Is it approximately $16K for the pair (one steam, one bake) ?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here