Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cityofparis

Liebherr Refrigerator 24 inch

please post photos of the 24 inch integrated refrigerator. this way I can show it to the carpenter who has to make it.

The refrigerator is on top and the feezer is on the bottom

Comments (14)

• davidro1
    15 years ago

HC-1001 or HC-1011? Because they have different doors.

• homepro01
    15 years ago

Gita,
    Liebherr provides these instructions in their installation manual. You can contact the retailer and they will have the information on hand.

Good luck!

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump

• ya_think
    15 years ago

Instead of bumping, why don't you just go to their web site? Not only do they have pictures which won't show your carpenter how to build the cabinet, they also have manuals which WILL show your carpenter how to build it.

Also, I think David really meant to ask if you are talking about "built in" or "fully integrated." That's where the difference seems to be.

• davidro1
    15 years ago

Actually no, both the Liebherr models that have "HC" as their initial letters are both called fully integrated by Liebherr, and they have two different ways of attaching the door. The same size door on both. The newer method overlays the door panel on top of the fridge door, the older method keeps the door panel on the box you buy from IKEA or wherever, so it stays on its hinges and a slider mechanism mounted on the back of the door panel connects it to the fridge dor.

The only reason I brought it up was for general knowledge. The "guy" you hire to install it can see all that easily on the job, and the box remains a 24" box with a door panel. Nothing changes except for the amount of hinges. No size difference.

I don't think it's worth it to go to the Liebherr site, open the pdf, copy an image or two, upload these to photobucket, and then link to them here thereby providing some form of partial answer to the original poster. Even if someone paid me. Either they have Adobe Acrobat or they don't. Either they trust that a 24" box is the size the fridge is designed to fit into or they don't.

I have looked at a couple other fridges (that also fit into 24" boxes) and their line drawings look the same. The Blomberg BRFB-0900 has the separately hinged door panel sliding on the fridge door (Integrated Fridge Door Mounting Mechanism) The Miele KFN-8753iD has the overlay panel.

Perhaps their PDFs are more accessible. It's all the same box size.

David

• ya_think
    15 years ago

David - Sorry, I guess you know something I don't. I based my assumption on the fact that on Liebherr's web site they provide one installation manual that covers both HC-1001 and HC-1011 and that I found no differentiation between the two within the manual. In fact, aside from on the cover page the numbers 1001 and 1011 don't even show up in the manual.

• homepro01
    15 years ago

David,
    I still don't think you are correct. From the Liebherr website:
    HC 1001 = Premium, NoFrost ~ door hinges left, without IceMaker
    HC 1011 = PremiumPlus, NoFrost ~ door hinges left, without IceMaker, SoftSystem and LED-lighting

According to the Liebherrr manuals for the HC series, there is only one way to install the doors.

Good luck!

• davidro1
    15 years ago

It's wonderful that you are willing to share what you can find on a web site. At least it summarizes what Liebherr has made available in their current documentation.

This year the new model is the HC-1011 (and HC-1061).
    Liebherr has written about two of several differences.
    SoftSystem -- this is a shock absorber for the new door.
    LED-lighting - replaces incandescent bulb (in the HC-1001)

Liebherr will admit over the phone to more differences that these two.

Plus, if you go look at the two models you will see these differences. You have to be there and see them both together.

I am very thorough and I have seen both these fridges often for many months. Also, friends of mine and friends of my wife's have these fridges and we actually Do talk about these differences too. So I am in good company here when I say there Are Two different door systems, but that the door panel they need is the same size.

I suppose I could one day hunt up and track down the old manual.

I didn't ever take pictures of last year's door model. The last one I saw in a store was sold a month ago. It was offered to us as "last year's model" at a discount. My wife and I passed on it. It is now gone. A month prior to that we had already passed on the very same offer made to us in another store. So even my wife knows about the two different door connector systems, and she doesn't like looking at that kind of detail. But we had to discuss this because I had to ask her if a Blomberg would be acceptable to her, as it has the same door panel connector system as last year's Liebherr. A slider mount that allows two separate doors to open and close together, as a unit. while they slip slightly since their axis of rotation is not identical.

Liebherr is not dishonest if they don't mention it. Both models take the same size panel. If any of you work for Liebherr, I'm sorry to be so precise if your marketing people want to lead people to believe that the HC-1001 allows a full overlay panel to be mounted directly onto the fridge door thus using only a single set of hinges and not Two sets of hinges.

David

• homepro01
    15 years ago

David,
    I looked at the site again and could not find the difference in door mounting criteria that you describe. The softclose system is integrated into the fridge door not the necessarily the panel door. I am confuse as to what you are trying to achieve. The 24" Lieherrs that I have always seen installed always required two set of hinges to install them. The door slips on a different axis from the fridge door. I have no horse in this race but don't want someone to get the wrong information. I have an integrated 30" model.

Good luck!

• ya_think
    15 years ago

David - I was very clear, particularly in my second post, in stating that my souce was simply the documentation provided on Liebherr's web site, and went so far as to start my second post with a sincere "Sorry, I guess you know something I don't," so I hope your attitutude is not directed at me.

That said, even if the models install differently, your two longer posts clearly state that there is no difference in the cabinetry or door panel itself, so what exactly was the point in asking, "HC-1001 or HC-1011?"

• davidro1
    15 years ago

Good question. There is almost no difference.

No offense intended, you were clear.

• davidro1
    15 years ago

Correction:
    HC-1011, HC-1060 - Only one hinge set; panel is full overlaid on fridge door. Softclose is an added feature.
    HC-1001, HC-1050 - Two sets of door hinges, with a slider since different axes. No Softclose.
    (I said in the last sentence yesterday the HC-1001 allows a full overlay panel to be mounted directly onto the fridge door thus using only a single set of hinges and not two sets of hinges.)

HC-1011, HC-1060 are newer models.

To reverse the door hinges on a Liebherr, replace the final 1 by 0 and the final 1 by 0. This costs more.

• davidro1
    15 years ago

This thread explains well the reason why this little difference is so important to me. For an installer too.

I saw one of these "older model" fridges (mentioned above) where the panel door could only open 90 degrees. That isn't optimal.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cheating the system: building panel doors on top of fridges