Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wolf L Series Oven Question

Posted by pgersb (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 9, 13 at 15:39

Hello - I have a Wolf L Series Wall Oven that was recently installed. I've noticed the little button that activates the dash rotation is 'wiggly' (don't know how else to describe it). It all works fine, but should this button wiggle like this?

If you have an L series, would you mind letting me know if yours is also wiggly or if it's not?

THANK YOU!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wolf L Series Oven Question

I have a single L-Series wall oven and it is "wiggly", and that is normal. It is how ours has always been and how it has been on every one I have seen in show rooms including the Wolf cooking demo.

Phil

o

Thanks philwojo99! It's just strange that they would leave it like that. I don't know why it needs to be so loose when it's really just a push-button. But I'm glad mine is not defective. Thanks!

o

I would agree, it does have a lot of play/wiggle to it. We have had ours for about 1-year now and no issues yet, but it is just my wife and I no kids.

Phil

o

I've had 2 Wolf L doubles. (The first was replaced due to blue porcelain chipping.) On my first one, the button wasn't as wiggly. The second is wiggly-er. The blue porcelain, however, looks like it's chipping again.

o

Breezy, I am also having chipping problems again and I contacted Wolf and told them I would get back to them after the first of the new year. I hope the new E's have that problem fixed. At least they have a record of me contacting them. You might want to wait until to do anything about replacement until the new M Series replaces the L Series, but I would call them and let them know you are not happy with your ovens.

o

Hi Kala. I just posted on A2's thread asking about anyone NOT having chipping. I was actually waiting a little longer until closer to the M release.

When you told Wolf, did they say anything? Offer anything? Or did you just state the problem and say you'd contact them again next year? I'm thinking that if I call them they'll want to do something about it right away.

o

No, they were not trying to force an oven on me now. They said that the new Es will have a separate piece on the bottom and that should take the stress off the corners that causes the chipping. So they know that I am waiting for the new model. The new Ms have new convection fans in the corners and both E and M's ovens are a little larger. I would just tell them that I can wait for the new model. They are great ovens, if they can just fix the chipping problem. Good luck with yours.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here