Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lhartnett

Spagna Vetro hoods

L H
15 years ago

Has anyone ever heard of these, have one? they have some reasonably priced models but I don't know anything about them.

http://shopping.aol.com/home-garden/indoor/appliances/large-kitchen-appliances/hoods/manufacturer-vendors_spagna-vetro-JBVTR/#

Comments (8)

• elvisandcallie
    15 years ago

I actually have one of the island versions in my current kitchen. I've been using it for two years over a maytag slide in gas range. It's been a good hood, removes smoke and odors well. I had a problem about after about 14 months, where I broke the control panel, completely my fault, and the company just sent me a new one. Easy to put in.

Quiet to medium loud depending on which setting you use.

I can't tell you how they work for longer than 2 years, but it's been a good hood. I'm getting a larger range for the remodel and haven't decided which hood I want to use.

Here is a link that might be useful: Island hood.

• budgeteer_s
    15 years ago

We installed the wall-mount unit in our modestly priced remodeled kitchen. It does the job as stated and has the dimension we needed for our low ceiling. It's a great price for a great looking vent hood.

• bargerman
    15 years ago

Bumping to see if anyone else has input on these hoods. (crossposting here and in kitchen forum) Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

• kaf76
    15 years ago

I'm also interested in the Spagna Vetro hoods and wondering if anyone else has comments on the quality?

• gabriel_mtl
    15 years ago

My friend is currently redoing his kitchen, and he opted for a SpagnaVetro hood. I actually told him about them, and since I am also redoing my kitchen, this was a good test to see if I'd like them, at no cost :)

He received it last wednesday. 60$ FedEx shipping anywhere in Canada.

He LOVES it. He uses it over a 30" Viking rangetop and couldn't be happier. Not too loud, excellent stainless finish and good build quality (for the price, but also in general). Make sure to get the SV218 models, not SV168. The 218 uses heavy duty 19 gauge 304 stainless (whatever that means!) and other advantages, and for not much more money.

I will order mine shortly:
    http://www.kitchenhoods.ca/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=27_68_54_69_74&products_id=119&osCsid=46e3c9acc19e37bac6f24ca321b2c81d

hope this helps

• kaf76
    15 years ago

Thank you--your post was a huge help! I have been going back and forth on what to do for a vent hood and need to make a decision (cabinets arrive April 24).

I had been debating between the SV218 and SV168. Both are priced reasonably, my concern with the SV218 was light placement (toward the back) and if there was a greater chance of problem since it has as LCD display. I think you convinced me to order the SV218, I didn't realize there was a difference in the stainless used. I would much rather have something that looks/feels heavier duty.

Thanks again!

• rennovatorjen
    14 years ago

kaf76, those were my exact concerns as well! I really want the lights in the front, and the model I like is an SV168. Hmmm, I will have to do some more research and make sure the SS on the SV218 is actually a heavier guage.

• mirastoicheva_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

Hi, i am also in the market for range hoods and i came across this discussion about Spagna Vetro brand. I think i like SV218D the most, this is the unit with the glass. I like that this unit has more features: digital display, 6 speeds as opposed to SV198 series that have push buttons and 3 speeds only. On the other hand i was also concerned about something going wrong with the digital display. When i called www.Kitchenhoods.ca (where i am going to buy the unit from) the customer service representative assured me that they have been selling this product for quite some time now and they only had very few issues with it. I am actually impressed with their warranty- 3 years on the motor and 1 year on everything else! Also the guy said that even if something goes wrong with the hood, they have all the replacement parts at the warehouse and they can repair the hood at their location within one hour!
    I am so excited- i am picking up my hood this Friday!:)