Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone have a GE Advantium installed undercounter?

Posted by meek95 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 1, 12 at 15:22

The GE website says not to install undercounter due to safety reasons. The install instructions for the Miele Speedoven doesn't mention that restriction as far as I can tell.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone have a GE Advantium installed undercounter?

> The GE website says not to install undercounter due to safety reasons.

If you ignore that you will be violating code.

If you ignore that and someone is injured as a result, you will be liable.

If you ignore that and your house catches fire as a result, your insurers will probably be entitled to refuse your claim.

This post was edited by PeterH2 on Sat, Dec 1, 12 at 18:03

o

The Miele may be installed below the counter.

o

Do you think there would be a problem installing a Miele undercounter next to a dishwasher?

o

You can install the 120 under counter just not the 240

o

I did it over a year ago. My dealer said it was fine and so far it is. It is 240V Monogram model. I don't see a downside to installing it undercounter vs a few inches higher other than the obvious stooping to get something out. My only complaint has to swapping out the pans but that has nothing to do with the height it is installed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here