Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Range hood/cfm recs for a BlueStar cooktop?

Posted by she_007 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 5, 13 at 15:20

We are considering getting a BlueStar cooktop (probably 36", but maybe 30") for our new home. What range hood do you recommend? I have been reading about makeup air and am a bit concerned about having a hood with the high cfms that I assume the BlueStar 36" would require.

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Range hood/cfm recs for a BlueStar cooktop?

With hoods, it's always best to get the highest cfm rate you can afford.

As to the cooktop itself, people who have it complain about its difficulty to keep clean. I'd recommend getting the 36" rangetop which is just like the top of the 36" full range. I have the full range and cleaning the top is a breeze.

o

I'm looking at the bluestar 36" rangetop (6 burners), a 42" hood (not sure brand yet) and from what I've learned so far, probably about 1000cfm.

o

I'd be concerned about the "highest cfm you can afford" since makeup air and/or noise might be a consideration. I'd lean towards minimum needed for most of your cooking needs, plus1 step up.

o

Thanks for the input!
I really like the BlueStar, but I'm concerned about a hood over 600 cfm due to this article and also code requirements. Would it be a big problem to use a 400 or 600 cfm hood with a BlueStar? http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dept/musings/makeup-air-range-hoods

o

I'd go with 600 cfm over the 400. The 600 should be enough, depending on your cooking style. Some smoke might escape capture during high heat searing, but most smoke, grease, and odors should be vented adequately via the 600 cfm hood.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here