Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dishwasher worth fixing?

Posted by mamalinda (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 5, 12 at 15:08

Hello all,

So... a couple of weeks ago our dishwasher (a Maytag Jetclean that's at least 10 years old) quit mid-cycle, a circuit breaker was tripped, and a nasty burning electrical smell came wafting out from under the machine. I haven't tried to run it since because I don't want to burn anything up.

Now that I'm finally getting around to dealing with it, does anyone out there think that it might be fixable? Would it be worth it to pay someone to come and look at it? Or will they most likely tell me that it's irreparable or would cost $$$$ to fix?

Thanks in advance for any ideas or tips,

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dishwasher worth fixing?

Any appliance can be fixed it is a matter of $$$.

I would not spend the ~$50 for an estimate.

I think there is a 95% it is way too much $$$$ to repair.

Better off getting a new DW.

o
RE: dishwasher worth fixing?

Previous post is a very common misconception, kinda like bats flying in your hair.
Mr Appliance charges a $79. diagnostic fee. You might give them a try.
Or Google your problem? There is usually a wealth of information on the web, it's just not all correct.
How old is the unit? Has it worked well till now? How much would you be willing to spend to fix it? Do you have a handy relative or friend that can help?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here