Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dianeinva

Capital 30" single electric wall oven

DIANEinVA
10 years ago

Does anyone have this oven? I cannot find a dealer that actually has one on display on the east coast. I would really like a review from a real person who uses it.

Comments (5)

• jcmjcm
    10 years ago

I own the single wall oven for the past 16 months. Bake 4-5times a week. Use the oven daily as a food warmer. With 3 racks, it holds my meat and 3 sides warm until I'm ready to serve. It is the #1 go to oven for a family of 7.
    Oven Settings: bake, broil, roast, perfect convection, delicate bake, temp probe and clean.
    Oven Temp: 135-550F, with calibration you can reach 110-575F
    Oven racks: comes with 3 rollout racks, all are adjustable
    Oven rack placement: 6, I usually use rack placement 2-5
    Convection: 1 fan and I'm ok with it.
    Oven lights: 2 good placement for me
    Moist roast: feature that uses water to prevent drying during roasting
    Rotisserie: I've used it for chicken and rib roast
    Timer: it has 2 and a delay cook feature.
    Clean: used twice with no problems
    There was a learning curve for me, coming from a Kenmore gas range to electric. I use delicate bake for all pastries with excellent results. The bake feature works great on proteins and casseroles(chicken, pot roast, baked mac n cheese). My kids broil sausage for breakfast. I do steak for dinner on broil with no problem.

Pros: even baking, rotisserie and all racks are adjustable. My 11yr old dtr loves the many features. So different from our Culinarian range. You can customize the oven to your height, it's a back saver. Self clean works pretty good. Easy to use and not annoying loud. We eat around the kitchen island often.

Cons: the actual racks could have a little bit better glide. You can't win them all.

I also ran into the same when looking to purchase. I told a local salesman, I was interested in seeing the wall oven. I was directed to the architect show in NYC. May I suggest calling Capital at 562-903-1168. I purchased my 48in Culinarian and Capital single wall oven from Trevor @Eurostoves 978-232-0007. Hope this helps, good luck with your purchase.

• goodbyekitty
    10 years ago

Please excuse my rookie question, but when you say "Convection; one fan..." what does that mean? Do convection ovens generally have more than one?

• jcmjcm
    10 years ago

Not at all, most wall ovens have 1 fan. Wolf wall oven has 2 fans. Not sure other brands. I only had my heart set on a few brands. Capital, Wolf and American Range.

P.S. I forgot to mention the meat probe for my post above. That's because I never use. I'm stick stuck in the age of poking with a thermometer...Happy New Year to all!

• DIANEinVA
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks so much for the details. We have original DCS (pre-Fisher & Peykal) 5 burner gas range & electric wall oven. We have had very expensive repairs on both after running self clean. Also after 6/7 years the electric oven settings display faded so much we couldn't read it. F&P wasn't very helpful with parts or service. Since the replacement of the control panel, the oven doesn't seem to run as well in terms of preheating and cycling heat elements on and off.
    I looked at the Eurostoves site and found it amazing. Now I want a new range with open burners. In any event, for the people who are wondering if getting a high btu burner range makes you a better cook, the answer is a resounding YES!

• wilson853
    10 years ago

Not exactly east coast, but I have seen it at R.W. McDonald & Sons in Butler PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh.